May 20th, 2013
May 16th, 2013
As of 5pm on Thursday, May 16th, all student/public services have been restored or recovered. Some internal services, of a non-critical nature, remain unavailable at this time. Given the nature of the remaining systems, no further updates regarding this incident will be posted. I&IT will perform a post-incident analysis and review of our processes and procedures that will result in a formal report and recommendations that will be made available to the campus community.
Cal Poly Pomona
May 15th, 2013
May 14th, 2013
Given the progress of the recovery, I&IT staff expect that most of the campus’ services will be recovered by the end of the week. Additional cleanup of secondary and development systems will take a bit longer, but that work is also expected to be completed by the end of the month.
We appreciate your patience as we continue to restore services to the campus community.
Cal Poly Pomona
The following systems have been restored to normal operating status.
- Web Applications - My Control Panel, Campus Maps, Public Schedule, ASI Elections, Bronco411
- CBORD - Provides BroncoCard transaction processing
- files.csupomona.edu - Provides simple access to ZFS user and group storage
- Mailman - Provides group mail and mass email moderation
- ID Management - Provides ID related data to campus services
- RADIUS - Provides authentication for VPN and Wireless
- Viking - Alumni-Donor Database
- RDS - Campus datawarehouse build server
- Cascade- Provides publishing to campus home page servers
- Web Help Desk - Help Desk ticketing system
May 13th, 2013
The services affected include:
• BroncoDirect (Campus Portal Used for Registration)
• Pharos (Student Printing Application)
• My Control Panel (Password & Email)
• Public Schedule of Classes
• Bronco411 (Campus Directory)
• ASI Student Elections Online Balloting
• Exchange Public Folders
• Mailman List Services
Given the severity of the system failure, a time for the restoration of the above services has not been determined.
I&IT will distribute updates every day at 8am, noon, and 5pm to keep the campus community updated on our status with the recovery.
We appreciate your patience while we work to restore these services.